Thursday, October 8, 2009

Pumpkin Pie!


Vanessa and I made this Pumpkin Pie. She had never made it from an actual pumpkin before so I showed her how. My mom taught me how to do it. You just cut up the pumpkin into chunks and boil it until the skins just fall off. After you mash it and it is really easy. A small pumpkin that I bought at New Seasons will make three pies! I am freezing the rest so that I can make some pies this winter. Yeah!
My mom's recipe:

Pie crust (homeade or storebought uncooked)
2 eggs
2 cups pumpkin
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 teas. salt
teas vanilla
teaspoon and a half of pumpkin pie spice
1 can evaporated milk
1 tbl. melted butter

Bake 425 for 15 min.
reduce to 350 for 45 min.
when knife is clean, the pie is done!

Let cool and serve with fresh whipping cream!

1 comment:

vanessa calvert said...

So good! Thanks for baking with me!!