Friday, April 25, 2008

Contemporary Victory Garden Posters




For part of my project, I am going to be recreating the use of the "Victory Garden" posters.
As I am doing more research into this, I am wondering how these could be relevant today. What I am learning, is that due to the war right now and a build up of other issues, that gas prices have been affecting our transportation of food products. It makes sense then, to buy local or start home gardens. This also would mean supporting the local economy and eating fresher, healthier products. So, my slogan for these posters will be, "Local Victory." Portland is already a place that supports the local farmer and even the small home garden.

1 comment:

Tessa said...

Did you ever find out how to get these? I have an interesting project that I want to start and could use any info that you managed to get- thanks and happy gardening!