Sunday, December 9, 2007

Thirty. The night of the show...intense



At 6 pm, when I showed up, the place was already full. It wasn't supposed to start until 7, but people were already scoping out their favorites. The artists were able to have first pick of the work. At 7, the packed house was asked to exit back out the door and then line up outside. As they went in, they were then given stickers with their names and were able to purchase the work. Well, this created a frenzy and the place filled up again and everyone was squished like sardines. Till 9, there was still a line around the building up Burnside. The place remained packed even up to its closing at 11. It was crazy. It felt like it was a rock star/art show. There was music and drinks and a really intense atmosphere that one does not get during a usual art show. I sold 17 out of my 30 and bought an amazing piece by Rebecca J. Becker. I had a lot of fun and did not realize the show would turn out to be such a frenzy. I love these kind of unknown adventures.

2 comments:

Julia said...

Hi There!
I was in the Thirty Show too! Somehow through googling and networking, I stumbled upon your blog. I love your botanical work. The pic you took of all thirty pieces is beautiful. Would you like to create links to eachother's blogs? I am also wondering if I could post one of the pics you posted inside the place - it's a great aerial shot, and i see myself in it!
best of luck with your art.
Thanks, Julia
skerryart.blogspot.com

Julia said...

hi there,
so nice to hear from you! thank you for letting me post that photo, i appreciate it! I will add you to my blog as a link as well. would love to hear
about your upcoming shows/events. happy art making!

Julia Skerry
skerryart.blogspot.com
myspace.com/bobooliah